New Patient Forms and Information
- Patient Consent for Medical Photography
- New patient intake form (please bring completed form to your first appointment)
- Insurance Plans
- Post Operative FAQ
- Patient Payment Portal
General Information Sheets
- Breast reconstruction with tissue flaps
- Breast reconstruction with latissimus dorsi muscle-skin flaps
- Breast reconstruction with tissue expanders and/or implants
- Nipple reconstruction and areola tattooing
- American Cancer Society’s General Information Pamphlet on Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy
Laws, Acts, and Legislation
- Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act of 1998 (WHCRA)
- This page from the Unites States Department of Labor is a great resource for learning more about the WHCRA of 1998 which federally mandates insurances to cover breast reconstruction for breast cancer patients
- Lizzie B. Byrd Act (Ohio House Bill 147)
- In Ohio, requires a surgeon performing a mastectomy in a hospital to guide the patient and provide referrals in a manner consistent with the standards of the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- Read Dr. Tiwari’s* testimony to Ohio Senate Medicaid, Health and Human Services Committee here.
Organizations and Websites
- A website organized by Kathy Steligo, who has had breast cancer twice, bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction with both expander/implants and GAP flaps
- The site contains an active blog, lots of useful content, and a list of surgeons who specialize in advanced breast reconstruction
- This site features active discussion boards on topics covering almost every aspect of breast cancer diagnosis, treatment, and reconstruction
- An informative site about alternative breast reconstruction methods (such as the DIEP flap, SIEA flap, and GAP flap)
- A breast cancer patient writes about her treatment and reconstruction. Loaded with helpful first-hand accounts of her journey and the information she gathered along the way.
- An organization committed to providing breast cancer patients in many parts of Ohio with useful services, such as meals, house cleaning, and rides to appointment
- An informative site about Diep breast reconstruction.
- A place for consumer reviews, stories, and discussions about cosmetic treatments and procedures for face, body, skin and smile. Where you can find a doctor you can trust.
Midwest Breast & Aesthetic Surgery – is listed at Thumbtack.com