Pankaj Tiwari, MD
Dr. Pankaj Tiwari is a board-certified plastic surgeon specializing in breast reconstruction with advanced microsurgical techniques. Aside from flap techniques, he is also well-versed in the treatment of lymphedema. He balances science and art by providing safe, long-lasting but aesthetically-pleasing results for the breast, body, face, and skin. He is licensed by both the State Medical Board of Ohio and the United States Medical Licensing Examination. Dr. Tiwari has more than 10 years of plastic surgery experience.
Dr. Pankaj Tiwari showed a promising start in the field of plastic surgery early in his education. He underwent training and practice at some of the most respected bastions of medical education in the world. For one, he graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard University in 1995. He also earned his medical degree at the School of Medicine at New York University in 2000. Expanding his knowledge and experience, Dr. Tiwari obtained a plastic surgery residency at the Division of Plastic Surgery at the esteemed Baylor College of Medicine. He mastered his specialization when he completed his fellowship as a reconstructive microvascular surgeon at the world-renowned M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in 2007.
Career and Accomplishments
Backed with a comprehensive educational background, it is no wonder Dr. Pankaj Tiwari’s career is filled with success as well. Aside from serving as a head plastic surgeon at Midwest Breast & Aesthetic Surgery, he also took the following roles:
- Clinical instructor and house staff at the Division of Plastic Surgery in Baylor College of Medicine (2000-2006)
- Clinical specialist at the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center (2006 – 2007)
- Assistant professor and attending surgeon at the Department of Plastic Surgery at Ohio State University (2007-2014)
- Associate editor of BMC Cancer Journal (2014-present)
One of the highlights of Dr. Tiwari’s career was when he co-founded Midwest Breast & Aesthetic Surgery with Dr. Ergun Kocak in 2013. He has authored over 20 peer-reviewed journal publications and two medical book chapters in Gynecologic Oncology, Clinical Practice and Surgical Atlas (2014) and In Te Linde’s Operative Gynecology (2014).
Honors and Awards
- 40 under 40. Columbus Business Monthly, Columbus, Ohio (2013)
- Highest Patient Satisfaction Rating, Wexner Medical Center (2013)
- Best Plastic Surgeon in Best Doctors. Columbus Monthly Magazine, Columbus, Ohio (2013)
- Resident Teacher of the Year Award. Department of Plastic Surgery, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio (2010)
- Best Microsurgery Case. American Society for Reconstructive Surgery (2010)
- National Senior Resident Conference, Plastic Surgery Best Paper, Microsurgery (2006)
- Michael E. DeBakey Surgical Society, Best Resident Paper (2005)
Get Started with Dr. Tiwari Today
Dr. Pankaj Tiwari’s constant goal is to keep the best interest of his patients in mind for beautiful results. Discuss the procedure you’ve been planning to have and your desired results with Dr. Tiwari today. Schedule an appointment with Ohio’s best.
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine
- A.B. Harvard University, Magna Cum Laude
- M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Reconstructive Microvascular Fellowship
- Baylor College of Medicine, Plastic Surgery Residency
- ASPS – American Society of Plastic Surgery
- ABPS – American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery
- World Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery
- American Society of Indian Plastic Surgeons
- Ohio Valley Society of Plastic Surgery
- Columbus Society of Plastic Surgery
- The Ohio State University, Department of Plastic Surgery – Assistant Professor
- The Ohio State University, Department of Plastic Surgery – Attending Surgeon
- MD Anderson Cancer Center, Division of Plastic Surgery – Clinical Specialist
- Baylor College of Medicine, Division of Plastic Surgery – Clinical Instructor/House Staff
*The information available on this page was created to educate our patients. It is not an alternative for a formal consultation with a board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon. Individual results vary per patient. For more information, we strongly recommend scheduling a consultation with our doctors.