Shunsuke Yoshida, MD
Dr. Shunsuke Yoshida is a plastic and reconstructive microvascular surgeon at Midwest Breast & Aesthetic Surgery. Dr. Yoshida brings a broad knowledge base in surgical principles having trained in general, plastic, and reconstructive surgery during his extensive training. He is licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio and the United States Medical Licensing Examination. He is certified by the American Board of Surgery. He is eligible for certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Shunsuke Yoshida graduated Magna cum Laude with a degree in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Cincinnati. He went on to complete a Master’s degree in Aerospace Engineering also at the University of Cincinnati. During this time, he worked at NASA Johnson Space Center to contribute to the success of the International Space Station.
In the subsequent years, Dr. Yoshida received his medical degree from the University of Cincinnati School of Medicine. He went on to complete a full general surgery residency at East Carolina University, a federally funded research fellowship at Harvard Medical School, and a plastic and reconstructive surgery residency at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
Career and Accomplishments
Before joining Midwest Breast & Aesthetic Surgery, Dr. Shunsuke Yoshida served as a clinical instructor and house staff in general surgery at East Carolina University, and in plastic and reconstructive surgery at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He also served as Chief resident in both general and plastic and reconstructive surgery at these institutions respectively. During his surgical training, he was awarded funding to pursue a fellowship in research. He has published numerous journal articles and book chapters, as well as presented his work across the country in a variety of surgical disciplines.
Dr. Yoshida has focused his efforts in reconstruction of patients who are affected by cancer and other medical ailments including traumatic injury, with goals set to improve function, appearance, and peace of mind. His peers over the years have described him as a “thoughtful” and “conscientious” surgeon.
Schedule a Consultation Visit with Dr. Yoshida Today
Dr. Shunsuke Yoshida is looking forward to meeting with you and discussing your desired surgical procedure and any concerns you may have. He understands that your safety and satisfaction are of utmost importance and will help guide you in your journey to improve your health. Click here to schedule a visit today.
- M.D., University of Cincinnati
- M.S., University of Cincinnati
- B.S., University of Cincinnati
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Residency
- East Carolina University, Brody School of Medicine, Greenville, North Carolina, General Surgery Residency
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, Vascular Surgery Fellowship (Research)
- East Carolina University, Brody School of Medicine, Greenville, North Carolina, General Surgery Internship
- American Society of Plastic Surgery – Candidate Member
- Walter J. Pories Surgical Society